Wednesday, April 23, 2008

BOOKWORM


I would like to report that I have been keeping on track with my regulars reads. Above are the ones I've read or are currently reading since March. (And this plethora of titles has nothing to do with National No TV Week.)


Out of the ones shown above, I would highly recommend the ones by Eion Colfer (the guy who wrote the Artemis Fowl series). Very funny stuff. Right now, I'm in the middle of Half-Moon Investigations. I haven't had an author write something so funny, that I was holding my stomach because I was laughing so hard!!


And of course, my fellow desperate-housewives-who-relive-those-lusty-glory-days-of-our-youth, you can't go wrong with picking up Twilight every now and then. Actually, it was after seeing "The Last of the Mohicans" the other week, and weeping uncontrollably when Daniel Day Lewis' Indian brother, Uncas, fights Magua (because he is defending the young lass), dies, and his body is pushed off the cliff, I thought "What a beautiful Native American. He could make a good Jacob Black if he were younger." And I thought about my favorite character (and the MAN Bella should choose) from the series. And I kept thinking about it. And now I'm rereading all the books.

Which reminds me....I need to read a bit before heading off to La-La Land.



4 comments:

simply kris said...

thanks for book suggestions...I am in need. Jacob? check ya later.

bevany said...

Seriously...Jacob? If I thought we would EVER like the same books besides Twilight I would try some of these out.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Ernie....Sounds like you are ready for some seriously witty books. I hear that David Cook is a huge Terry Pratchett fan.

kourtney said...

Thanks for the list, I can't wait to read someting new.