Monday, August 3, 2009

OQUIRRH MTN. TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE




Since we were out that direction, we headed to the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple Open House right after the copper mines. We got to share this outing with the Laser family and mom and dad.

I loved the colors that were used inside the temple - very contemporary. Ironically, the reproductions of well-known paintings that decorated the walls throughout the temple, in my opinion, were poor. Most of them were too blue, too cool and dark - quite a contrast to the warmth of color that surrounded you in the wall coverings, the carpeting and upholstery fabrics. I know, a small thing most people wouldn't even notice. But I felt somewhat justified in this opinion when my mom commented on the same thing.

The funniest thing about the open house was the food tent. Yes, cookies and bottled water for everyone to enjoy in an RC Willey's Showroom-inspired tent. But, of course, a Mormon activity isn't complete without food!

0 comments: