Monday, August 3, 2009

CODA GALLERY - PARK CITY






One of my favorite local artists is Melissa Peck. Though she already sells original paintings at the Coda Gallery in Park City, they were hosting a reception to showcase some of Melissa's new paintings. We decided to head up there to check out her new work.

I fell in love with "Olive" and could envision "Cherry Lime" in my living room - it has all the colors of this room. Mom wanted "Gabby", but when she found out the 5"x8" painting was $600.00, she didn't know how to surprise dad with that if she came home with it.

I'll tell you this...Melissa's paintings can't be fully appreciated until you see them in person. I have found that the saturation of her color palette and the delicate details can't be seen in any of the images you find online.

I would hope one day I could afford to own one of her originals. I think Olivia would be a great model for one of her paintings.

0 comments: