Friday, July 3, 2009

BECAUSE MY MOM ASKED...


To be honest, I kind of am bored with "blogging". (If that hasn't been apparent already.) It's kind of like that new restaurant everyone is raving about; so you go and it is as delicious as everyone says; and you keep going back; but eventually, the food isn't as special or unique anymore; the restaurant becomes like the rest of them; it kind of runs it's course; that's how blogging has felt for me. But my mom insisted that I update this thing and I hate to disobey. So, here we go again! And maybe with having the break, I'll rediscover the fun of blogging. We'll see.

So, I'm not going to bore you with a summary of the past 3 months or so. Needless to say, I've been busy. We've been busy. And though there is plenty to talk about, like I said, I'm not going to revisit the past.

Let's just start with our excitement for the future.....namely the upcoming "Harry Potter" movie. We are so fortunate to have a bread delivery man in our family (aka Grandpa Mike), who happened to hear a radio announcement on his early morning drive that tickets for the midnight showing were going on sale a full month before the movie's release. He gave us a call immediately and we were able to secure our tickets - the seats were going like hotcakes!

In preparation for the movie, as a family, we've set up a special "Harry Potter" table. We spent a whole Sunday morning sorting and organizing all our HP Legos. Though our goal is to rebuild all of our sets before the movie, its become quite a tedious and time-consuming project. So, we may not accomplish it. Also, we have been watching each of the previous HP movies to get us more pumped up then we already are.

B and I decided Jake and Liv are easily old enough to join us at the midnight showing. Good ol' Grampa Vance said Ian and Mags could come have a sleep-over with him.

Here we come July 15th!!!!

To conclude.....I thought last summer was the BEST summer I have had since having kids. And I'm not saying that all my summers prior have been awful, but there has been a sense of dependency and restriction that I've felt for a number of years with having "little" kids. Believe me, I had fun, but it wasn't until last summer that I felt free. It was so liberating to be able to just get up and go. I didn't feel tied to the home or limited on what I could do because of the age of my kids. But I'm finding that this summer is AMAZING! There have been very few days that we haven't had something planned. We've been to art museums, parks, libraries, movies, pools, golfing, hiking, plays, concerts, etc. I guess, too, I'm taking advantage of this time because sooner or later I know the inevitable will happen and the kids will stop wanting to hang out with their mom. Kind of sad. So, here is to the Summer of '09.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad that your mom convinced you to come back from your hiatus. I always like reading your posts! H.P. is going to be the highlight of my summer...can't wait!!

Natalie said...

I am glad to see you back too. It's always fun to see what you are up to. Congrats on the great Harry Potter tickets. You've really motivated me in the Summer Fun department. I can see I've gotta get myself up and running - cause I too know that these days of wanting to hang out with Mom will be gone soon enough.

bevany said...

The only reason you're bored of blogging is because you write everything down, so you don't need to blog it. Right? You take enough pictures to blog...you should post some!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Thank you daughter.