Tuesday, July 26, 2011

THE SPOKEN WORD & GRAND AMERICA BRUNCH

This past Sunday we headed out to SLC for our annual Sunday outing which includes The Spoken Word at the Conference Center, followed by brunch at the Grand America buffet.


The Adams family, Maggie and I had to sit in the Little Theater for the broadcast because the kids aren't old enough to sit in the main area where The Spoken Word is recorded live each week. Gotta say, I just love the Mack Wilbert arrangement of "Come, Come Ye Saints". I'm not one to get teary-eyed, but every time I hear this version, I can't help it. It's absolutely beautiful.

Mike and Mad

Grandma, Grandpa, Corey, Jed, the Roundy kids, and Beckett and Fishy in front of the SL Temple

Checking out the monument on the south end of Temple Square where Shadrach Roundy's name is listed as one of the first pioneers to enter the valley in 1847.


TIME TO EAT!
Ian loved the bacon and the Naked pure fruit drink shots

Jakob's favorite food item...sushi

Maggie also enjoyed the sushi and the chocolate strawberries

Of course, the Idaho mashed spuds were Olivia's favorite

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm a little jealous right now. How did the Grand America buffet measure up to Little America? Glad you guys had a good time.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

My mouth is now watering.

HIL and ERIK said...

I've never had brunch at GA but it looks good! Does Little America do brunch? We have gc there and wondered if it would be worth it to try. Guess I should just try!